View Single Post
Old May 25, 2010, 01:00 PM   #9
snuffy

Quote:
Don H,
My mistake when I replied, but IMO for such large cases any Lee press is not suitable. I use Lee preses for handguns, and for a while I used one for rifle.
(30-06) so I am familiar with them.

I would still choose a better press for the 50.
You simply don't know what you're talking about. The classic cast is bigger, stronger than a RCBS rockchucker. It has more leverage and stronger linkage than most.

Quote:
Imperial Sizing Wax is a great lube for cases fired in a rifle with a tight chamber, but when you really start to work the brass you need a real lube (don't get me wrong, I use Imperial Sizing Wax too). I used to use lanolin, other friends of mine used motor oil, most used one of the commercial "oily" case lubes like RCBS.
As soon as I started reading this, I thought the same thing. Everybody loves imperial, but it's too thin a wax to do real high pressure sizing. I used to use RCBS spray lube. It's the slickest of all I have tried. It's also expensive and comes in little bottles with a sprayer that sometimes don't work. I tried Frankford arsenal spray lube, I can't tell the difference between it and the RCBS spray.
http://www.midwayusa.com/viewProduct...tNumber=204960

I think it's all in the lube. Your RCBS lube may work, The Lee stuff, I tossed it when I got some in a kit once.

They're going to get their butts kicked over there this election. How come people can't spell and use words correctly?

Page generated in 0.02637 seconds with 8 queries