View Single Post
Old January 9, 1999, 12:05 AM   #6
Rob Pincus

I saw it. Typical TKD American pay-your-way Dojo. (No offense to any TKD practitioners, I've just seen this alot....)..

21 year old kid, always wearing the chinese dragon satin jackets with his patches and crap.. he went to a civilian school near my college. His mother was an instructor at the dojo. He got his black belt when he was 20, he got his a** handed to him when he had mouthed off one too many times about being a black belt.
Granted, there was no real justification for the guy to smash him, but he really had it coming to him.
He stopped wearing the jackets and patches and crap after that, I noticed.

That is an extreme story of blatant stupidity. It is ashame, because everytime I hear that someone is a blackbelt, especially in some of the more "popular" arts, I really have to say "So What?" in my head.

Kinda like I used to think (and many people do think) that LEOs were all capable of using a handgun to defend themselves and were automatically knowledgeable about things "tactical."

I have to say that my cynicism goes for competitors, too. Like I said originally, any practice is better than no practice, but a competition hero might not make it the first time he has to draw from concealment. (a few competitions excepted, obviously)

------------------
-Essayons

Page generated in 0.02973 seconds with 8 queries