View Single Post
Old May 17, 2009, 05:19 PM   #43
Smokin' gun

I fixed it! Thanks !!! The screw on the left side that supposedly supports a shoulder stock that I said you can grease the hammer hand when it's opened. That screw only has 3 threads and goes in less than 1/20 inch to seat flush in the channel that hammer hand moves up in. Now I never had one of these with shoulder attachment and I guess it could only fit on top of the protruded screw head. Anyway after squirting just a little grease plug grease in that hole the action is like greased lighting. One more question. Is it normal to order parts that don't fit and you have to rework them. The 2 hammer hand assemblies we got were too long and I honed them so they could rotate the cylinders in 2 guns. If I hadn't shortened them the hammer wouldn't even budge! Is this typical (Or did I get parts by mistake for another type)--since I've got to learn as much as I can soon. And I have -thanks to you--I guess you really are picking out a good name for me now!!:} Or just wishing I'd fly away somewhere else. Like I said it has been 25 years or so (Up until several months ago) I fooled with these things. I 'm sorry I frustrated everyone. I still think I like that grease though?!

Page generated in 0.03708 seconds with 8 queries