View Single Post
Old October 13, 2013, 11:27 PM   #15
photoman12001

I put a couple hundred .22LR rounds through it

I haven't used the .22WMR cylinder yet but shot quite a bit if .22LR through it over the weekend. While slow to manipulate it's really a blast to shoot. It's just a totally different feel from an automatic or double action revolver.

I swapped the factory sights for a fiber optic HIVIZ and Ruger V-notch rear insert. I really like this sight setup but as I expected for prior experience, the setup shoots too high. That V-notch just isn't deep enough and requires a higher front sight to allow a range of adjustment to move the groups down. With the rear sight bottomed out the gun still shoots too high. I kept the HIVIZ front sight and swapped back to the original rear insert. I'm happy with this setup for now but I think I'll try a set of Williams Fire Sights on it.

The grip of a single action revolver definitely takes some getting used to. I found I really had to concentrate on my grip, trigger control, and breathing to get decent groups. So far I'm happy with its performance but I'll keep practicing. The trigger is heavy and I'm considering putting a Wolff spring kit in it.

This was the best six-shot group I got today. It was shot at 50 feet using an unsupported isosceles stance and Remington Golden Bullets. So far I'm very pleased with the purchase.

Page generated in 0.03897 seconds with 8 queries