View Single Post
Old April 2, 2005, 10:58 AM   #9
novus collectus

I was referring to the song (I think it was called Smokey Joe's cafe or maybe the name was used in the song).

One of the things I was concerned about besides safety was whether the dents, when they iron out from pressure, would cause wear on that spot (be it the sidwewall or the shoulder) on the chambersurface? I wondered if it had similar physics as the Munroe effect. The Munroe effect is when you carve your name into a flat block of explosives and place it on a flat piece of metal the result (after detonation) will be your name appear impressed into the metal (not explosives expert, I just read one book once). The exact opposite happens when you leave a raised carving of your name in the expl. block and you will get a raised name in the metal (the rest of the metal was effected more than than the surface touching the raised letters in the block of expl.). Would I get a mirror image of the dent (or at least more pressure and wear at that point) in my gun? I know that this is somewhat trivial because it may (or may) not take thousand or even millions of shots before it would even start to create these mirror images I'm talking about but I would like to see if my theory has any feasability. I also really don't know if it will cause more wear and I am somewhat concerned as well.

Page generated in 0.03097 seconds with 8 queries