View Single Post
Old January 29, 2007, 03:05 AM   #31
miconoakisland

Righteous Shoot

If a person comes into a church, for whatever reason, and is waving a firearm around while demanding money, he is threatening great bodily harm to everyone there. I can't think of a more "righteous" shoot than to protect those that are targeted simply because they are in a house of worship!

I would sacrifice any jail time to save fellow parishioners from deadly force from a person that neither respects fellow humans or a higher being's place of worship.

I will not attempt a shot unless I am sure of the target. My church is about 70 yds by 40 yds. with a couple alcoves. The chances of the miscreant being positioned without parishioners between or beyond him and I, is so very remote that I doubt I could get positioned in time without being spotted due to the reaction of fellow parishioners. (I sit at the outside end of a pew always). But just my duck-walking with a firearm up the line of pews would generate reactions from people, thereby drawing attention to myself and risking a panicked outburst from the gunman (or gunmen).

It would be just too much chaos and panic to be able to react responsibly unless in the perfect spot to react. But, given the opportunity, I would fire ASAP, but then only because I was was armed in church to begin with. Way too many stars have to line up for it ever to happen for me to save my church goers, and I just hope a fellow packer doesn't just start firing in the general direction of the evil-doer to make him force his hand and start firing randomly!

Firing in a place with hundreds of people in a tight place is always going to be bad news, whether it is a good guy or a bad guy, or both, doing the firing!

Do I carry in church? Always.

Someone intent on doing harm upon others has no respect for laws, religion, humans, etc.. He is a predator seeking out the easiest prey.
I will not be that prey, nor will I allow those around me to be easy prey, as much as I can.

Page generated in 0.03677 seconds with 8 queries