View Single Post
Old November 6, 2010, 08:49 PM   #6
fireboy

Thanks loads to idek zippy13 ratshooter .45 COLT

I checked out the links you posted and have learned a lot I'm ten points above where I was.

zippy13 I have no problem with buckshot I see something in the Dixie Tri-Ball that looks like bs but goes like a slug, three of them!

I've been day and night reading the links you all posted and I haven't even put a dent in them, plus I posted to Mr. Gates at Dixie and I'll put it below for you to see his responds. I've got wads, buffers and molds on order, so if all turn out good I let you all know. ratshooter maybe you can pull something from what Mr. Gates says that can help or confirm your thinking with what your doing with the 20ga. Thanks again fb

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Although Dixie has not worked up any two ball loads for 12 ga 2 3/4".......we will give some suggestions.
First of all, weigh the balls and divide that weight by 437.5....that will give you the ounces of your balls. Look up a shot load calling for that ounce weight.
Then...measure the overall length of the balls and check the length of BPI's LBC wad's inside. This will select the best wad. Your crimp index may call for filler wads. Select the slowest burn powder listed for your weight of balls or shot. Buffer the balls to cover the top one. Since there is less sidewall pressure with the balls, the buffer will be safe. The balls should be hard so the will not deform and cause sidewall pressure.....Regards, James

Page generated in 0.02124 seconds with 8 queries