View Single Post
Old January 15, 2016, 12:11 PM   #1380
A pause for the COZ

Frankenmauser, I am kind of with you on the manufacturing thing.

"These days" Now that pretty much all manufacturers have moved onto Advanced CNC machining and the gain in tolerance they get compared to manual manufacturing and even compared to 1st gen CNC machines.

Were we kind of are in the world right now.
Low cost providers who had so so quality have gained the most. Pretty much across the board they have all gotten better.

On the other side companies that have gone to the new model are still learning how to do it. Consequently I think their over all quality has went down.

Or in other words. When Taurus builds a gun there never was that many hands touching it before it hit the box. Now that the manufacturing tools are better their quality is better.

Ruger, ect had better quality and knew how to do it that way. Since they now have less hands touching the guns, needs to learn how. They kind of make up for it by over providing in their service dept. They can afford to do that with the few that come in and still keep margins across the board.
If you want a really good Ruger. Buy it on line and send it in right away.
bingo!! You have the best Ruger can make. Shhhh dont tell every body though. Other wise the numbers will get screwed up.

Its how they keep the guns affordable. other wise we would be stuck paying freedom arms prices. If you want a nice gun for $500 this is how your gona get it. other wise pay the $1200 and be happy.

Eventually though the foreign companies are still going to kick our butt. They will be able to take advantage of the advanced machines and have low cost labor to put hands on quality testing.

Thats my opinion any way.

Oh BTW Buds has the LCR in 327 in stock now $500.

Last edited by A pause for the COZ; January 15, 2016 at 12:56 PM.

Page generated in 0.02765 seconds with 8 queries