View Single Post
Old January 13, 2001, 10:34 PM   #3
doctor j

I've experienced the same sort of problem with some .45ACP cases. I use brass from factory loads I've purchased and pick up brass at the range, so I've loaded a lot of different head stamps. Seems that R-P cases give me the very same symptoms. I resize all my brass and use a Lee Factory Crimp die. With the majority (at least 51%) of R-P brass I've encountered, I get loose bullets no matter how tightly I screw in the taper crimp. I posted a thread about this on another board, and one of the respondents mentioned that it might be a matter of case wall thickness. Another respondent mentioned that my resizing die could be oversized. Since the problem has been limited to R-P brass, I'm thinking that the problem may indeed be case wall thickness. Not a slam against R-P. I use Remington cases for .44 Magnum, and they are great. I contacted Lee. It's been a while back, but I believe they said they would sell me an undersized resizing die. You might want to contact a die manufacturer. For now, I check out R-P cases as I'm loading, and if I get a loose one, I toss the case. Hope this helps. doctor j

Page generated in 0.02788 seconds with 8 queries