View Single Post
Old January 4, 2007, 12:21 PM   #9
ZeroJunk

FWB,I don't think anybody would argue that point.But game animals have a tendency to get themselves in a position where it is very inconvenient to get a good rest.I don't know that anybody intentionally takes a marginal shot but sometimes they turn out that way.A marginal shot with a higher energy bullet will more likely get you meat in the freezer.My interest pertains to some failures I have had with some really fast bullets zipping through both lungs of a deer and causing little damage and obviously retaining most of their energy after passing through.I have shot a bunch of deer and I know if the bullet had been a 1/2 inch either way and hit a rib on entry it would have slammed the animal on the spot,instead of me having to track him 200 yards.Perhaps a smaller bullet would have expanded in the soft tissue anyway.Perhaps a larger caliber with a larger surface area would have worked better.The notion that everyone is always going to make heart shots is unreallistic.There is no simple conclusion to this.

Page generated in 0.03121 seconds with 8 queries