View Single Post
Old November 2, 2012, 07:23 PM   #9
Pahoo

Let it soak

Quote:
Is there anything I can use to soak this thing in for over night or longer if needed?
There are many good solvents that one can use. The problem is being too impatient. My number one solvent, is mineral spirits and have soaked parts as long as three days. I also use brake cleaner and that little plastic tube nozzle, can really get in there and blow out the mud. Do not use carberator cleaner as it may eat parts you did not expect. ....

One oil that I no longer use, is Rem. oil as in short time, it will lose it's internal solvents and start gumming up. This oil will also freeze on you in very cold weather. Turns your semi-auto, into a single shot. ....

So, soak it as long as you need, in mineral spirits. Sloshing it every so often and blow what left out, with brake cleaner. Be careful with the break cleaner as it get very cold, dry and possibly hurt your hands. I usually hold the piece on towel. ...

Be Safe !!!

Page generated in 0.03079 seconds with 8 queries