View Single Post
Old February 7, 2013, 11:10 AM   #4
led0321

Quote:
Originally Posted by F. Guffey View Post
First, back-up, start over, someone will attempt selling you something you do not need. First determine why you need to turn necks, is the neck in your chamber too small in diameter to allow for case neck expansion when releasing the bullet, are you forming cases as in going from 30/06 to 308 W. back to the diameter of the neck in the chamber, military chambers will allow for thicker necks because they are generous (fit loose).

Then the other reason for trimming, time is a factor, the hole in the neck is not in the center or the outside of the neck is not concentric with the hole in the center and or the case neck has run out. Expanding the neck requires very little effort to expand, then there is that part where the question is asked: Is the bullet pushed out of the neck or does the neck expand and release the bullet? Back to time is a factor. Then there is the other denial, gas does not pass the bullet, they say.

$109.00, At first I thought that was high, but with two cutters and an extra shaft for drilling with a hand drill and 9 pilots at $5.00 or less, that is a bargain. The universal chuck allowed the reloader to save time, back in the old days the reloader had one shell holder, it took time to move the shell holder from the press to the case trimmer and then to the automatic hand/bench primer etc.. then came collets and Wilson always had case holders that held the case between centers.

Then Lee, his design required two different shell holders, more affordable to have Lee holders for priming and time was saved.

F. Guffey
I ordered some new Hornady 308 W and I want to reload it for an AR 10. I know I will have to trim it later after shooting some. I don't have a trimmer or neck turner yet.

I was hoping I could buy an attachment to ad on to it

Sent using Tapatalk

Page generated in 0.02860 seconds with 8 queries