View Single Post
Old May 8, 2009, 01:07 PM   #15
ilbob

Quote:
Being a residance of one of the most unfriendly states in the Union and being a gun lover do not mix well. This is very true when it comes to defense situations in the home. According to what I've read and heard a person is to leave their home if someone breaks in and are only allowed to shoot a person that breaks in if they're life is theatened. I really don't like this law but this is what happens when you live in this state. Now thankfully I don't live in the northern sections of this state and people down here are more level headed but still its state law. So what can I do to keep myself and my loved ones safe without getting slapped with crime or end up dead?
You are not defenseless in your home in Illinois unless you live in Chicago and obey their onerous handgun ban, and even then you could have a long gun for SD.

Illinois has strong protections for people acting in self defense both criminally and civilly. This is a major shock to many people.

My suggestion is to read what the law actually says, rather than listen to people who are just wrong. Another poster cited the appropriate ILCS reference.

It is true that when you are out and about you are pretty much at the mercy of the criminal element. Fortunately they tend to congregate in fairly well defined areas and if you can avoid those areas, you are likely to be pretty safe. You are just out of luck if you are forced to go to places where it is not safe. Most of the people running the state are out and out crooks with strong ties to street gangs and the mob. Thats a big reason why they don't want you to have protection. The people that pay them off would be hurt by it.

Disclaimers: I am not a lawyer, cop, soldier, gunsmith, politician, plumber, electrician, or a professional practitioner of many of the other things I comment on in this forum.

Page generated in 0.02658 seconds with 8 queries