View Single Post
Old March 13, 2008, 04:32 PM   #10
alizeefan

my 2 cents

If you have ever seen kelly mccann's defensive shooting series or read andy stanford's book they advocate that the trigger is " prepped " as the gun is punched toward the target and the sear is finally released at or about full extension ( distance permitting of course ). I have been shooting this way for a while now and it has definately increased my accuracy. As Andy say's to those people who say " won't that increase your chances of an ND " he say's yes, especially while you are learning and building up muscle memory but he points out that you are still NOT making contact with the trigger until the decision to fire has been made and until you have SOME sighting referance, either the front sight, top of slide etc and that most misses are not due to poor sight alignment rather poor trigger control. For myself I have noticed HUGE improvement in my accuracy and don't consciously notice that I prep the trigger any more.

Page generated in 0.03029 seconds with 8 queries