View Single Post
Old February 26, 2013, 10:29 PM   #1
radioflyer

Project "P30SK" (Salvaged HK P2000SK) Lots of Pics

A few weeks ago, I found a P2000sk 9mm on gun broker. I've been looking for this piece to be a primary carry in summer and a BUG in winter. The fact that it can use my P30 mags is a big plus to me.

Aside from these being unusually difficult to find, they're usually pretty pricy when they are found floating in the $1000 range so I was elated to find one on gunbroker with a buy it now for $650. The only catch is it only came with 1 magazine and had a very aggressive texture job done to the grips (see below)

I've had a fair amount of experience with grip modifications mostly on my AR, but also on my P30 and HK45 so re-working the grip seemed to be well worth the price difference.

My goal was to remove the excessive textured finish and contour the grip with deeper finger grooves like my P30 and create a textured finish with the same styling. Here's how the project went:

Stage 1: Remove existing Stipling

So far I've managed to get the contours I'm looking for, but the grip is now too smooth. I'm trying to figure out a way to add texture without over-doing it.

Compare with a factory grip.

Page generated in 0.03189 seconds with 8 queries