View Single Post
Old November 26, 2012, 10:23 PM   #14
hermanpj

Thats cool. Can see the position of your cheek cant really see the cheekpiece that well though i guess. I did actually complete the work of making my cheekpiece screw on. I bouught brass screws and then drilled the stick to accept 3/4 inch long 10-24 pitch threaded steel inserts. Drilled stock 11/32 and then screwed in inserts w an allen wrench. Then countersunk holes in top of cheekpiece and finally attachef it w 2 inch long 1/4 10-24 brass screws. Then i put yhe leather piece over that. Its not slip on/off to say the keast but will be very stable for hunting. To switch to iron i would need to cut the leather string holding on the leather chhekpiece and then unscrew the eooden chhekpiece. I then have a second set of 3/4 inch long brass screws to fill the inserts in the stock. Took some balls to drill holes in my stock. Came out
goodough.
NRA Member|Texas State Rifle Association Member| Texas Concealed Handgun License holder|Springfield M1A Loaded|Kimber Super Carry Pro .45 ACP|Weatherby SA 459 12 ga|Black Rain+Adams Arms Piston AR15|Beretta 92FS| CZ Dan Wesson ECO 9MM| Ruger 10/22

Page generated in 0.02330 seconds with 8 queries