Thread: Did I Do Right?
View Single Post
Old October 18, 2011, 08:27 PM   #45
WANT A LCR 22LR

" It's not being disrespectful to the Police to be mindful of their goals and authorities and politely declining to play volunteer my rights away and disarm in my own home to discuss a 5 yr olds fight? Give me a break.

On the street it's a different story and it pays to be cooperative, mostly. At home, it pays to say no to the Police. "

The 5 yo threatened to have their dad come out and shoot the other kid in the scuffle. By telling the cop they had a gun on then , then disarming, it showed they were non aggressive. It sends the message that the kid mouthed off and the dad was unlikely to actually go out and shoot the other kid. Remember, early on in the conversation the cop does not know if the person in the house is really going to shoot the other kid or not.

Remember the guy on a bus that told someone not to beat their kid then at the next stop the parents friends sprayed the bus with bullets? The cop has to be ready for anything.

Now, the cold dead hands crowd that recommends telling the cop tough s it GOING to get treated as a hostile person with a attitude. ( Hint, the Calvin peeing on something stickers on their truck does nothing to help the cause either )

Page generated in 0.03717 seconds with 8 queries