View Single Post
Old December 7, 1999, 02:27 PM   #10
Dr.Rob
Staff Alumnus

You should see the looks at the cherry creek range when I:

Fire a black powder double on the skeet range: KA-WHOOOOOSH (rang officer comes running.. guy sitting in front of $50k SUV damn near drops $5k beretta shotgun, his wife spits coffee onto range bag and a sweet acrid cloud of white smoke rolls across the plain the kid next to you smiles) ahhhhhh. Oh its YOU again.

Fire a 12 guage 870 stoked with 3 inch 1 ounce slugs on the 50 yard target with rifle shooter on one side and pistol shooters on the other. EVERYONE flinches. The gun recoils so hard the action opens itself and ejects the spent shell. You shake your head and shoulders and reload for another shot... everyone but you grits thier teeth....

Fire a 223 AK with wolf ammo and it doubles.. look around sheepishly.. was that me????? (super sharp report from the muzzle and the AK74 brake seems to make it noisier)

I never noticed the enfeild to be that loud, though i recall the jungle carbine had a sharp report like a bell (maybe the reflection off the flash suppressor?)

ALL muzzle breaks make guns noisy.. even those fancy BOSS system ones.

Safty tip NEVER EVER stand next to a guy at an indoor range with a desert eagle 50.. i literally had to set my revolver down and WAIT until he was done I was flicking so bad everytime he pulled the trigger.

Have fun and stay safe...

Dr.Rob

Page generated in 0.03387 seconds with 8 queries