View Single Post
Old July 4, 2007, 01:32 PM   #19
John28226

Time to Lock this Thread

Gunz, at the risk of stating the obvious, let me ask you, if you had ORDERED 1000 and only received 500 (but were billed for 1000) would you have kept quiet and ignored the error? What would YOU have the shipper do? Tell you to keep the overage?

Does the fact that THR moderators booted you off the forum not indicate to you that just maybe, maybe, you might be the one that is in the wrong?

I know that I could be wrong but I happen to believe that most of the members of this forum would immediately contact the shipper and tell them of the mistake; I also believe that none of them would have tried to hold up the shipper for a day off from work with pay. People like to throw about legal sounding words (especially when they are in the wrong) so let me add one for you, extortion. It really does not apply but neither does the word fraud.

Case closed.

Edit: JohnKsa - the regulation to which you refer was intended to apply to those companies that send items WHICH ARE NOT ORDERED but then billed. I don't believe that it applies to overshipments of items that were ordered. Maybe the company could have taken a different course of action but I don't think what they did falls into the catagory you describe.

John
Charlotte, NC

Page generated in 0.02024 seconds with 8 queries