View Single Post
Old June 13, 2009, 03:41 PM   #3
Trooper Tyree

I think this is a valid concern. Tasers are marketed in my area as personal defense weapons. You can even buy pink ones.

I'm not adding this to post "gun related content" but I do have a question about guns.

If a taser was to hit in close proximity to your ccw, would it be possible for the electrical pulse to cause detonation of one or more of the bullets in the gun/magazine? Can electrical current even detonate a bullet?

What if you are on the ground, gun is between you and ground with the steel frame grounding you to ground? You would now have a flow off current from you through the gun to ground, moreso than if you were standing and the current was going through your soles or your halo or whatever.

How would one defend against a tazer? Are certain people more immune to them than others? I grew up around electrical fences and doing my own household wiring repairs, shocks and the shock sensation are not new to me. Once you wrap you mind around it you can even function while hooked on a electric fence. I've found most of electric fences impact on people is just the fear of an "electrical shock" in reality they don't hurt you.

When tazered can you still function? Would you be able to pull your CCW? Would a knife to cut the cables be a better way to go?

Page generated in 0.02243 seconds with 8 queries