View Single Post
Old May 8, 2007, 08:27 AM   #17
darko

Thank You!

Thanks for all of the great advice! I'm really excited about it at this point. I actully have a freind here at work that does reloads for his Vaquero 44mag and has the press, etc, etc. He told me that if I want to buy the dies and hardware for the caliburs I need that I could come over and use his stuff. So I think that I'll start out by picking up a good reloading manual (the guy at Sportsmans warehouse pointed me toward the Speer one) and give it a good read or two to start with. After that I will pick up a die and the other stuff I need for my calibers and have my buddy show me the ropes on his equipment. I guess the next step after that will be getting the funds together and buy all of my own stuff. The fellow at Sportsmans warehouse pointed me towards a kit ($280) that looked pretty good (not sure of the brand) but I will have to consider exactly which to get. There is a Cabelas about an hour from here that I might also check out. I noticed some of you mentioned "Lee" as a brand to look into? At any rate this looks like a really fun/interesting hobby. I think the biggest problem I may run into is where to set up a loading bench. I don't have any extra rooms in the house and the garage tends to be a hot box. I might be able to make a small bench for my bedroom but the wife will probably not be to thrilled at the idea. I also have some concern about how to properly store the powder so as to not pose any threats to the house or my little ones? Anyway, I thank you all for the great advice and encouragement.

Page generated in 0.02414 seconds with 8 queries