View Single Post
Old October 30, 2015, 08:29 AM   #11
Wicked Willie

My experience with Badlands Bill

My experience with Bill Oglesby was a positive one. After meeting the man and speaking with him at a SASS regional event, he stunned me by offering "free of any charge other than shipping" to work on my 2nd generation Colt SAA. It was starting to peen the lock notches from an ill-timed bolt. He said that he had watched what I did for the event and wanted to recognize that through this work. Said to send him the gun and he would have his "best Colt 'smith" work on it to prevent further damage.

I did so. It was a fairly long turnaround but the gun came back in great shape. Peening of the notches had been corrected. The bolt timed up and dropped correctly and the action was almost too light. I removed the shim from under the custom mainspring and obtained a very crisp trigger release that broke like an icicle...somewhere in the area of 2.5-3 pounds. Quite a few parts had been replaced (and returned to me.) True to his word, I paid only shipping and any FFL fees.

This Colt had enormous sentimental value to me, since it belonged to my late father. I was hesitant to send it to him like that...never having done business with him before. By contrast, when the late Bob Munden handled the same gun...he had nothing good to say about it. Said it was a typical Colt and the action was "crap" and was actually hurting the gun. Bill, on the other hand, said he "understood" the value of the gun to me and would have his "best" work on it.

Everyone's experiences can be different but I have nothing but positive things to say of my experience with Badlands Bill.

Page generated in 0.02661 seconds with 8 queries