View Single Post
Old July 6, 2009, 10:01 PM   #6
cornbush

One trip out with my grandpa ended in hand to hoof.
We saw some deer (mule deer) run into a pocket of quakies in the bottom of a little bowl.
My grandpa, my uncle, Frankenmauser, Crankylove and myself circled around the bowl.
My dad and my youngest brother went up the bottom of the bowl.
About 2 or 3 minutes after my dad started though the trees he yells out there they are and bang, bang ,bang , bang with his Redhawk.
Of course he hit nothing (don't tell him I said that).
Three bucks and a half dozen does start up the othe side of the bowl.
My grandpa dropped a very nice buck and starts looking for does as my uncle yells at him DOE 30 feet in front of you!
Where she came from we have no idea, but he swung around and shot, hit and went back to the other hillside. This paticular year in Idaho you were allowed more than one doe tag.
The doe went down, my uncle ran over to the doe to make sure she was down, she had been hit in the @$$, not anywhere close to normal for gramps.
My uncle got out his Redhawk, pulled down and put one in her head from about 10 feet.
I got out my knife and got ready to gut her (to prove I was old enough).
Put the knife to her belly and the hooves came alive!!!!!!
They couldn't hear me yell so I picked up a rock about the size of a basketball and hit her several times in the head.
Neaxt thing I know my uncle is telling me what a morbid little Bas$#%^ I am.
Upon further inspeation we found out his 44 did nothting more than pierce both ears and cut the hair off the hide on her head knocking her cold.
He later apologized and told me I did a good job on the gutting.

Page generated in 0.02946 seconds with 8 queries