View Single Post
Old July 28, 2009, 05:55 PM   #1
shortround60

Anatomical Target Systems

Good Evening, All.

I have a question that I am sure someone within TFL may be able to answer regarding targets. Before I ask, I would like to offer an equivocation about myself. My current position as a “Contractor” is assigned to the Pentagon, but I do not represent the US Government in any official capacity. My job is to find answers to questions that are posed to me based upon my Munitions background. I have always found the amount of knowledge on this site astounding, so I decided to inquire you good folks. With that said:

As we discussed future needs of the Military at the office, the topic of gaining a realistic ( 3D) target system that would offer soldiers feedback based upon shot placement. The system would be used with varying small arms (5.56mm, 9mm, and maybe12 ga). The targets would be used primarily in a MOUT setting. The targets would have to be anatomical and provide feedback in regards to the effects of the bullet strikes (i.e. would the shot incapacitate or not). My experience with munitions is primarily logistics and though I have supported many, I was not a member of any SOF unit. So I have no idea of what targets they use in the "Kill Houses".

Does any member have knowledge of a target system that comes close to providing these capabilities? If so, please comment or PM me with additional information, so that I may bring this to the attention of the Division Chief at my office. Thank you in advance for your time and anticipated suggestions.

“Shortround”

Page generated in 0.02105 seconds with 8 queries