View Single Post
Old April 4, 2013, 03:42 PM   #25
Beentown71

Re: Kel-Tec going out of business/for sale soon?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eppie View Post
I have a background as a financial analyst, and I can tell you that maligning a competitors financial stability is one of the oldest tricks in the world.

If you can't beat the products, quality and price of your competitor the only thin left to do is undermine their name.

If the company is private it is easy undermine them because the owners are not going to make their financial statements public.

My observation is simple: they are a growing private company with a long backlog on their products. That sounds like the opposite of a failing company. The ones that go broke are the ones can't sell their products.
Your "financial background" observation has nothing to do with the discussion. The LGS has nothing to gain by Kel-Tec doing poorly. It wasn't a Wyndham rep speaking about them. It was a LGS that carries their product.

Kmart, Hostess, Lehman Brothers, Washington Mutual, CIT, Enron, Texaco, etc.... all sold plenty of product and still mismanaged financials enough to need bankruptcy protection.

Having a wanted product isn't enough....got to get it to market and manage properly throughout the whole process.

Page generated in 0.03460 seconds with 8 queries