View Single Post
Old March 5, 2006, 02:46 PM   #1
tinman

groundhog senses

Anyone know how good a ghogs senses are? I live in some somewhat hilly terrain and there are 2 inparticular that I'd love to feed the vultures with. They have taken residence just over a knoll and I cannot seem to drop a bead on them. I don't have all day to sit them out, and they seem to know when I'm carrying. The other day I took the dogs out and had just walked within 20yds of the hole when the little sh**s came running out playing. All I had was my 45acp and I wasn't going to traumitize my wussy dog at a 50yd shot at a moving hog. Been out a couple more times and all I see is dirt.
What gets my goat is that I can stalk hunt deer and turkeys without any problems with shotguns and handguns, but cannot get the fuzzy faced hole digger with a rifle. I've dispached all their brothers and sisters, but their location was easier to get on. The last one thought I didn't see him peeking from behind a big tree, surprise to him when I let the 06 roar.
Enough rambling on, how well can they see, hear, smell and what is the staple diet for one in central Ohio.(wooded, small pasture, no local crops)

If you can't shoot quality, try quantity.

Page generated in 0.03259 seconds with 8 queries