View Single Post
Old April 3, 2012, 03:01 PM   #17
Daugherty16

Stay in AZ this time around?

First, welcome to TFL. Hope this trip you're planning is a blast.

Second, i don't know what you expected to find, or what you think of what you have found, but i think TFL harbors the best collection of sincere, informed, and helpful moderators and members of any firearms-related forum. People here will genuinely try to help you.

Third, please understand that's what i'm doing when i say: don't carry a gun until you know (KNOW!) the laws pertaining to use of lethal force and have had some firearms training. It's a very different thing to have one in the nightstand, and shoot it once a year, and to have one on your hip constantly. I applaud your wanting to have a means of self-defense available, and you can certainly achieve it, but could also land yourself in some trouble. Ignorance of the law is never a valid defense.

Reference to the Trayvon case is enough. You can completely ruin your life and the life of others in an instant by reacting improperly to a situation, unable to react to training you didn't take. And, involvement in the defense of a criminal prosecution for murder or related charges, will almost certainly exceed $ 100,000 even with a country bumpkin lawyer and the cost can go way up from there for a competent attorney.

I don't mean to scare you off, just suggesting that you approach this with a no-nonsense, intelligent manner. The laws of every state are easily located on the web, including permitting requirements, hunting regulations, homicide, and criminal and civil liability.
"To my mind it is wholly irresponsible to go into the world incapable of preventing violence, injury, crime, and death. How feeble is the mindset to accept defenselessness... How pathetic." - - Ted Nugent

"Cogito, Ergo Armitum Sum" - (I Think, Therefore I Am Armed)- - anon.

Page generated in 0.02305 seconds with 8 queries