View Single Post
Old November 10, 2009, 01:26 AM   #39
jgcoastie

Illegal or not, it's still a bad combination...

I don't see how anyone with a shred of morals could place their own life and he lives of others in danger by combining firearms (or any deadly weapon) and any substance that impairs any function of the mind...

I just don't get it...

Maybe it's because I've seen first-hand what drugs and/or abuse of alcohol can do to a family. Or, in some cases, an entire community.

Maybe it's because I have fought (and will again once I'm done dealing with Alaska fishermen and intrusive Russian fishermen) the good fight against drugs and its trafficking.

Maybe it's because I grew up in a faith-based era in the Bible Belt and the things I learned then still guide me now.

Maybe it's the fact that I absolutely despise the use of any controlled substance, whether some government official tells me it's okay or not. I also despise the abuse of alcohol and those who would use either as an excuse for their actions.

Maybe I'm just a prick...

Probably a combination of all of the above...

Nevertheless, drugs are no good and never lead to anything good.

Drugs mixed with guns is a tragedy waiting to happen, and those who mix them should be pistol-whipped to the extent that they will never forget how bad they screwed up... (I also think we should have drunk drivers lay down in front of a speeding truck, but that's another thing entirely...)
"To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of the people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them." -Richard Henry Lee, Virginia delegate to the Continental Congress, initiator of the Declaration of Independence, and member of the first Senate, which passed the Bill of Rights.

Page generated in 0.03514 seconds with 8 queries