View Single Post
Old May 28, 2008, 06:35 PM   #56
spacemanspiff

Been there, done that.

Couldnt make much distance due to snow berms, icy roads, etc.
Though the person was not aggressive, they did set off my spidey senses. As soon as he came too close for comfort, my hand was on the grip of my gun, but i did not present because i saw no weapon.
Had there been a weapon, or the person made threats and behaved aggressively, so that I feared for my safety, I would have drawn down on him.

Come to think of it, I have been followed by someone who wanted a fight. He was able to read my lips enough to see I called him a badname as he tried to goose the gaspedal as I walked in front of his truck. I de-escalated when he tried to get me to go outside the gas station with him, told him there was nothing else left for us to talk about. He left, then I left.

Carrying a gun doesnt mean you can draw on anyone who is mean to you or rubs you the wrong way. It does not give you the license to pull it out whenever you want to look like a tough guy who takes no lip from anybody. Rather it means you have the responsibility to avoid ever having to use it. Exhaust all other options, if they exist.

Page generated in 0.03412 seconds with 8 queries