View Single Post
Old September 19, 2007, 08:57 PM   #4
gunzblazin

They both have advantages.

I have both rifles, or at least clones of each rifle. I have a bushmaster xm-15 and a DPMS SASS .308. The .308 is way more powerful of a rifle of course. I mean just compare the size of the .223 cartridge to the .308. Then there is the ammo capacity tradeoff. So you have to ask yourself what you want, more ammo.....or more power. My .223 can hold 30 (or more if you buy a c-mag) but my .308 is only 19 rounds. Both rifles are going to give you what you want on the accuracy side if you are comparing the carbine versions of each rifle. Much more accurate than a mini. And then there is the cost of ammunition. Depends what you want. Both of my rifles have never jammed once. The .223 has about 1500 rounds through it and the .308 has about 100. Right now the rifles that I'm drooling over are all gas piston type rifles. I'm just sick of cleaning bolts and bolt carriers. You may want to look at some of them before you lay down your hard-earned money for a new SHTF rifle. They should be much easier to maintain.
For a twenty-one gun salute

Page generated in 0.02896 seconds with 8 queries