View Single Post
Old November 22, 2002, 11:47 PM   #4
David Wile

Hey Whitebear,

I use more RCBS dies than any other brand, but I have been using the same Lyman full length 2-die set 30-06 for nearly forty years. For most of those years, I used those dies in an RCBS Rockchucker. For the past seven years or so, I have also been using them in my Hornady L&L progressive press when I have a large batch to do, but I still spend more time with the single stage Rockchucker for most of my work. I use the same die set for my three Garands as well as all other 30-06 reloading I do. In my opinion, you will get fine results with any of the well known die companies. However, if you are going to use a progressive press, they can sometimes prefer dies of their own brand. In my case, the Hornady L&L is suce a massive press, some dies are not quite long enough to reach through the press and be adjusted properly. Not all non-Hornady dies are like this - just two calibers I have found so far. The may also be true with other big progressives, and you might want to check on it if you are planning on a really big press.

Best wishes,
Dave Wile

Page generated in 0.03554 seconds with 8 queries