View Single Post
Old July 25, 2012, 11:50 AM   #13
ArizonaArsenal

Bill from Boomhower: To tell you the truth, I have no clue what type of coating it was. Very hard to find ANY information about these guns. So from the little information I have gathered, it's a "black" coating, hahasorry just don't know. But it was the original coating, but I did have to sand it to get the coating off, as chemicals just wouldn't remove it. But it being holstered, with gun powder buildup, and who knows what else, just started eating at the gun. Luckily it didn't make it into the metal, but it started too!! The texturing I was referring to was on the stainless steel slide. Meaning there were little divots into the metal, and not smooth. I should have taken more progressive pictures. Am usually good about that, but just forgot thruout process. But you are right, chips were stacked against me on removing finish, sanding down, smoothing, and polishing. But now it should make it alittle more corrosive resistant, from what I've been told, being that it's polished makes it harder for stuff to stick and corrode the metal. Or at least I can only hope. That and I take better care of my weapons then previous owner.
You are 100% about, if wife is happy, EVERYONE is happy

Caliber- that's what I told her. If you find that you have run out of rounds, just angle the gun so you can get the suns reflection right in the BG eyes. Haha bling bling

Page generated in 0.02913 seconds with 8 queries