View Single Post
Old March 28, 2001, 11:01 PM   #5
Ron Ankeny

Until you get around to buying Brian Enos' book, I'll share a few quotes:

Type One Focus: "For the single target at extreme close range where I need an extremely fast hit, there is no directed focus on the sights or the target. There may be some focus on the sights or target, but it really doesn't matter."

Type Two Focus: "When I am faced with multiple targets at extreme close range and, as above, I need extreme speed, I first confirm correct body and gun alignment(my index) on the first target, then I simply focus to the scoring surface on each target. The sights may or may not be in my peripheral vision."

Type Three Focus: "This is the focus I use for most targets. For what I call standard practical shooting, my focus goes from targets to sights on each shot."

Type Four Focus: "Type four shooting is now where I more closely follow the rule of focusing on the front sight through the course. And I keep that focus to the point where I see the sight lift when the gun recoils. I see the targets only in the background."

Type Five Focus: "When I am faced with an extremely difficult shot - one that is at extreme long range or one that offers an extremely small scoring surface - my focus may shift more to trigger control. I'm aware of where my sights are, but I know keeping the gun on the target as it fires is the most important thing."

Hope that helps.

Page generated in 0.03534 seconds with 8 queries