View Single Post
Old May 22, 2009, 04:20 AM   #33
Blankwaffe

I don't want to step on anybodys toes nor attempt to fracture the brand loyalty,but Ive personally had extremely bad luck with the Pietta 1860 Colts.Put alot of effort and extra money in the process of trying to own one too.
Yall might remember my first one that I cried,kicked and screamed about.It was a 2007 production per the date code and under the Traditions label.It had a loose arbor in the frame right out of the box,poorly timed to say the least,the barrel fit so tightly on the arbor it had to be driven apart.Made the huge mistake and sent it back to Traditions and they attempted to repair it rather than replace it.Make note that I said attempted.
Since that one I have made an attempt three different times in buying a Pietta 1860 Colt...all were 2008 manufacture.All had serious fit and function issues.
Now being that the revolers were from two different retailers and two different years of manufacture,I came to the conclusion it was not just bad luck on my part.To be honest the overall experience almost turned me away from wanting another cap-n-ball revolver.
I finally gave up on mail ordering a Pietta Colt after about two months of back and forth,and went to the local gunshop to eye ball in person.Ended up going home with a Uberti 1860 Army.
Now,I have a Uberti Walker,Whitneyville Dragoon and a 1860 Colt Army.All of which were perfect right out of the box and only needed some bolt and trigger spring adjustment.I may have gotten lucky with the Uberti's...but I'll take it.
Do I think Uberti is perfect?No,absolutely not.Ive seen a couple with minor issues as well.But I do think Uberti has much better quality control and materials overall.IMHO the steel Pietta uses in the Colt replica barrels and cylinders is fairly soft especially when compared to what is used by Uberti.
I can say without a doubt that my Pietta 1858 Rems were outstanding in everyway right out of the box,and continue to be.Can't say enough about Pietta in regards to the Remington replicas.I don't know how they can build the 1858 Remingtons so well and make such a mess out of some of the Colts,but that seems to be the case in my experience.
Again,I do not intend to offend anyone of flame anyone else with my opinion and personal experience.I own both Pietta and Uberti replicas and Im very fond of them all.But I do think Pietta can and should do much better with their Colt replicas...they owe it to their customers to pay a bit more attention to what they are turning out for sale and improve in that regard..
But thats my opinion.

Last edited by Blankwaffe; May 22, 2009 at 04:41 AM. Reason: too long

Page generated in 0.03338 seconds with 8 queries