View Single Post
Old January 31, 2006, 02:10 PM   #16
snuffy

!!!

I am loading on a lyman Crusher II single stage press for now, so the extra step of crimping with a seperate die is not what I want to hear!

So you come here asking for advice, but prequalify that with not wanting to hear the answer?

In response to a question like this on THR, reloader Fred said he does NOT bell the 357 sig cases. He inside chamfers, then expands but does not bell. I tried his method, using the Hornady seating die,(it has a floating chamber that supports the bullet prior to seating), it works just fine. I even tried it without chamfering, again it worked just fine! This was with Hornady 125gr H.A.P. bullets.

The bullet pull was substantial, but I wanted more insurance. So I ordered a Lee final crimp die. It puts a taper crimp on the case. It didn't seem to be doing anything I could see on the outside,(using a 10X magnifier). So I processed a dummy round,( sized, expanded, no primer just seated and crimped a bullet). I then used my knetic bullet puller to see what had happened to the bullet. What I saw was the nicest taper crimp all the way around the bullet!

These shells will give the powder a little extra time to build pressure, resulting in less unburned powder, AND they will NOT be seated deeper when hitting the feed ramp!

They're going to get their butts kicked over there this election. How come people can't spell and use words correctly?

Page generated in 0.03666 seconds with 8 queries