View Single Post
Old September 26, 2012, 02:31 PM   #2
youngunz4life

ok here's the deal....hopefully someone else can fill in more blanks I am only throwing in a little:

maybe people don't talk about it usually(like the grandpa WWII stories etc), but that does not mean they always don't. people are people and there are all kinds too. also, maybe he liked you. as for the flea comment. if he was a sniper the guy can shoot dawgone at least close to what he said. I was in the army with some "hawkeyes" and they were not snipers. I am left eye dominant but shoot righty so I can not shoot a flea at 500yards but can shoot well and/or well enough and I am the judge of me. I still shoot to this day and have since I got out of army.

vietnam....they did have a transition from the weapons you were talking about. as an example we used the m16A2 when I was in the army last decade cuz I guess during the vietnam war soldiers were running out of ammo because their adrenaline, fear, lack of experience(draftees), whatever would hold down the trigger and the ammo would go quick(then no ammo and bye bye you're tied to a tree and made an example of by enemy forces). the most I could do with mine was hold the trigger and get a three round burst...it wouldn't keep firing.

furthermore, we are going back some years but even today not counting different jobs up the yingyang that are very diverse in all military branches, an officer trains with the 9mm and carries it andor is issued it manytimes. no for every enlisted joe schmo. that doesn't take into account we are talking about a time of war, his job being out in the field might require a backup sidearm, and marines/grunts/etc had gofers and stuff(climb thru tunnels to shoot the badguys.

my dirty penny...hope that helps+all the best
gunz

Page generated in 0.03228 seconds with 8 queries