View Single Post
Old July 20, 2012, 06:14 AM   #57
BlueTrain

I will be 66 a month from tomorrow and I've never been threatened with violence, that is, not since I was a teenager when I got in lots of fights and have the scars to prove it. I've walked many streets alone in Washington, DC, and London. I had company in Berlin. I've also logged many miles in the woods virtally all by myself. I have yet to see even a single wild dog, though I've seen bears. I've seen foxes but no wolves or coyotes. How have I managed to avoid trouble all these years?

Do you suppose that has conditioned my outlook on things in general, compared with other people here?

It is interesting that someone suggested that the problem is fraternities and not something else. That has been suggested by others and in fact, some schools do not have them anyway.

Here's a funny thing. I mentioned that I had bought a bunch of guns through the mail while that was still legal, literally just before the last day it was legal. Of all the guns I bought, by the way, the one I wish I still had was a .30-06 FN 1949. Nice gun. But I digress. I had all of them while I was at school. I never lived in a dorm or fraternity house. My room overlooked the football statium.
Buy War Bonds.

Page generated in 0.02085 seconds with 8 queries