View Single Post
Old September 6, 2013, 01:26 PM   #37
Babychief

1911s the muscle cars of firearms

Some of the NEWER cheaper-end $500-700 1911s have more features and better performance/slide fit/finish than my COLTS. So it depends on if your sick of seeing the same options on different manufactures.But there is a market for KIA and a market for Ferrari. The new 1911 green Zombie craze made millions of dollars, so if there is a potential buyer your going to see a manufacturer build it regardless if we have "been there done that" or think its mall ninja garbage.

Im generation X ,born in the 1970s, i love 1911s but i like progression of the firearms industry as well such as the Glock.. If your not a 1911 purist then you maybe a potential 9mm 1911 buyer or a .22 1911 conversion to get a youngster or a newbie into the sport without being intimidated by a .45.
There isnt a best 1911 because you can argue...les baer vs Nighthawk or bob marvel customs vs S.V.I./S.T.I. Customs etc.

1911s are an individual preference based on experience,ability and how big your wallet is.

I run/e.d.c. glocks but own more 1911s.

im impressed with some of the NEW "cheaper" S.A.M. 1911s to be honest. I think if you dont have a James yeager attitude towards lowend glocks and your not competing in IDPA or work as a P.S.C. etc, you can buy and be very happy with an IVER JOHNSON for $550 new/STI SPARTAN is nice value as well, or save a couple hundred more to get a used COLT or kimber if your a "label whore" (i own all of them so i can say it

Page generated in 0.02765 seconds with 8 queries