View Single Post
Old June 14, 2012, 04:00 PM   #35
TunnelRat

Quote:
Slide bite is definitely there. The very low bore axis is fantastic for recoil management, but I got sliced. I am perfectly content to deal with the bite, because of the return in performance.
I'm kind of curious how this is happening. I know this would likely be difficult, maybe get someone else to take the picture?, but could you take a picture of yourself holding the gun as you would when firing it? I'm just curious as to your grip on the pistol and how it is allowing for slide bite.

Quote:
After my first range trip with my SR9c, I am wondering if I will ever go back to a smaller pistol. My capability with this gun far exceeds what I could do with my old CCWs. Since I'm already concealing it with no trouble during the warm season, I can't really see a reason to step back down in size.
This is true for me as well. I actually conceal a Glock 19 size firearm, the HK P2000. For me it's the perfect size. I have no issues concealing it, it is comfortable to carry, and I am very accurate with it. To me that size, 5" tall and 7" long, is just about prefect for me. While I understand the desire of many to carry something smaller, I find a lot of people carry a subcompact without ever trying to carry a compact. Most of the time they do this simply because someone told them it would be uncomfortable carrying something bigger. I know this is not true for all folks, but those that I see at the store buying for the first time often fit this description. They want the smallest thing possible without any thought as to how well they will be able to shoot it. I just wish that mentality was tamed a bit.
Maintain situational awareness

Last edited by TunnelRat; June 14, 2012 at 04:12 PM.

Page generated in 0.02418 seconds with 8 queries