View Single Post
Old May 29, 2012, 11:31 AM   #14
davehartman99

SBE and Browning Gold

I have both the SBE and Browning Gold and they are both excellent guns. I use the Browning Gold with a rifled barrel as my primary deer gun with a nice 50mm Nikon scope. It is outstanding. Likewise, I use the SBE 12 GA bird barrel for ducks, geese, and turkey. Both guns are very good but the one difference is the parts. The SBE / Benelli guns are flawless shooting wise because they have very few parts and never jamb so for high round shooting for birds, it is ideal. Since deer is one or several shots but not shooting high volume, the Browning Gold is ideal with the rifled barrel but it has a lot more parts and I did jamb with that once from the trigger assembly spring popping off which required me to pull the whole trigger assembly out in the field and put it back in to get it working again. It is for that reason alone that I would go with the SBE over the Browning gold if you use it for bird shooting with high volumes. Of course that is just my opinion but I have had great success both deer and bird in using this combo of two different guns plus the Browning Gold has the scope on it so not geared to swap barrels for birds. Hope that helps.

Page generated in 0.03952 seconds with 8 queries