View Single Post
Old March 10, 2010, 12:54 AM   #1
9x19

Negative feedback for Sgt. Rock

I recently responded to this ad posted by Sgt. Rock:

http://www.thefiringline.com/forums/...d.php?t=400406

When the pistol arrived, the front sight, grip safety and back of the frame looked like this:

I immediately sent a PM to the seller (Eric) expressing my displeasure with the condition and asking how he’d like to proceed.

His response:
“As far as the sight, it was NOT like that when it left me. And the grip safety is not broken in any way. That's just the way it was blued after it was fitted. You can check my history on this forum. I have sold many, many guns and have never lied or gotten over on anyone.”

Following that response, I did a search for his other posts and found this ad:

http://www.thefiringline.com/forums/...d.php?t=400144

Notice in the earlier ad he states the frame needs refinishing, but in the later ad (which I responded to), he makes no mention of that.

I feel his second ad was misleading, and asked Eric: “Will you accept a return of the pistol for a refund, less your cost for shipping?”

His response:
“ I had it up for sale before I had it refinished and had no offers. So I decided to have it refinished then repost it. I clearly stated in the ad the work that had been done and you asked 0 questions regarding that. Please understand I sell many firearms on many forums and auction sites. I try to describe the weapons as well as I can and always answer questions as well and honest as I can. At this point I'm not really sure as what to do. I have since used the money but that does not mean I won't have the money in the near future. Just not sure how to handle this.”

Since my dealer is holding it waiting for word, I’ll bite the bullet and pay to have the frame done, and see if I can tighten up the front sight dovetail. Chalk it up to my first disappointment in over 10 years of dealing with gun-folks on the ‘net… but I would caution all others to beware of his other ads, and ask for photos from all angles and a full disclosure of any and all defects... because if you don't ask, he won't tell.

Page generated in 0.04100 seconds with 8 queries