View Single Post
Old September 25, 2013, 03:45 PM   #2
Louca

It sounds like you have learned a lot about how to do things, and have had it well demonstrated for you, and you have changed for the better. You have observed what has been available to you and done your best to replicate that. All that is kind of good.

I say "kind of good" because what you still are lacking is someone observing YOU. Trust me, self-observation is not very accurate. When I used to run, I never ran as fast as I did when another was with me; when I trained in martial arts, I never learned how to strike until I received a strike from someone else. You have grown a lot from your observances of others, and receiving their advice and one-way training. I would recommend from this point forward, you should get professional training from a GOOD instructor. You have shown you can learn and grow and be better. In short, you would be a great student with a professional trainer.

It is easy to say "get a good instructor" but quite a bit more difficult actually getting one. Search for one carefully, and get one with LOTS of positive feedback and great credentials. And even if you find someone who is only as good as the guy on the YouTube video, the advantage is you will be receiving the other half of the training: observation, correction, and hopefully encouragement BY an instructor.

Lou

Page generated in 0.02535 seconds with 8 queries