View Single Post
Old June 11, 2013, 11:07 PM   #1
DarthNul

Jammed up Beretta 92

A buddy of mine was shooting my Beretta 92 FS at the range today and while I was busying myself with a 1911 he managed to jam the thing.

The slide is about 1/2" back from being fully forward and the the slide and barrel are about 1/8" from being properly locked up. I can move the slide back and forth about 1/16" but I can't get it any further forward or back.

I can see brass in the chamber and the extractor is snapped over the rim. I don't know if it's a live round or an empty case that failed to eject. If I can find my dental mirror and fiber optic flashlight I'll figure that out (but not before).

I can operate the decocker/safety. The mag dropped with no issues. I can also turn the takedown lever. The hammer is fully cocked.

I can see the "wings" of the barrel locking mechanism thanks to the open top slide design and they appear to be what's stopping the slide from moving more than 1/16". There is solid metal ahead and behind them. I tried gently pushing them up and down with a thin screwdriver while releasing the forward pressure from the slide but no joy.

Anything else I can try? I could drop it at my LGS if I can't get it unjammed but maybe shipping it back to Beretta would be better? I don't want to ship it if there's a live round in it though...

Page generated in 0.03266 seconds with 8 queries