View Single Post
Old June 2, 2013, 12:05 AM   #1
dakota.potts

I don't know why I bother with gun shows

My family went to a gun show today. It was at a local elk lodge (nothing against the elk lodge) in a back room. It was like an after school meeting or something. $6 a person to get in. The first thing we saw when we got to the door were hand made reloads of ammo going for the same price (or more) as factory. One seller was selling Ruger 10/22 mags for $45 (knockoffs for $35) and told me I couldn't even legally hold the magazine if I wasn't 18 . Some kid looking like he was off Sons of Anarchy swaggered in, picked up a revolver, and pointed it directly at my center of mass while examining it. A guy selling a lot of very nice weapons told my dad there was only one size 1911 while ignoring the Officer series he had right in the case in front of him. Saw some Bushmasters going for $1,400. But also saw DPMS for $800 and Windham for $1,200. Also had a guy get angry with a customer who questioned him selling .45 ammo at $65 per 50 rounds. He said he wouldn't find any better prices unless you went with Chinese or Russian crap because he was all American. This as I was looking at Silver Bear Makarov loads and Tulammo 7.62 rounds. When I asked same guy if his 20mm rounds were live he said they were not, were $8 a piece if I wanted to buy them. I said not at that price and he glared at me and told me not to mess around with them then (I had pointed at one to ask him).

The other one was just vaguely disappointing with panic prices and everything gone.

Over all a bad day. Gun owners have proven themselves to be great people but at least 50% of them I dealt with today absolutely were not.

Page generated in 0.02910 seconds with 8 queries