View Single Post
Old April 19, 2000, 02:04 AM   #8
KOG

Definitely get the one you like and shoot the best. Try them both if possible, sometimes guns feel good in the store but not at the range. They are both good and you can't go wrong with either, heck get both. I prefer the Sigs because of better ergonomics and accuracy(for me at least). Both are reliable, Glock has an edge on corrosion-resistance.

Triggers are different on both but I don't have a problem with either. Just pull the trigger when you want to shoot, keep it out of the trigger guard when you don't want to. I don't care for the way Glocks point or the way they vibrate in my hand upon firing; my sole criticism of the Glock, otherwise a fine gun. Sigs feel more solid to me and I like the smooth trigger feel.

Someone mentioned earlier that Sigs will only last 20,000 or so rounds. Sorry, but that's not the case. There were a few reported frame cracks in early Sigs(the P220 and P226); those guns still worked fine with their hairline cracks, yet they were replaced by Sig gratis. Sig beefed up the guns around 1994 to deal with the few problems that were reported and better deal with +P loads; haven't heard of a cracked frame in quite some time. I've known of Sigs that have had 100,000's of rounds through them with no problems. If it's mechanical, it can break, but Glocks and Sigs don't do that that often. Good luck.

Page generated in 0.03479 seconds with 8 queries