View Single Post
Old October 29, 2010, 09:30 AM   #27
Sgt127

Quote:
Seems like Hip and Lip Grips are meant for smaller guns like my snubbies. Do you have any experience using one with a 4" Python? Right now, I have an old (35 years old) plain suede type holster with a metal clip for IWB carry. I don't know if I should replace it or not. Any suggestions where to look for a holster (IWB) for the Python and my Browning Hi Power?
The 60 is the perfect candidate for the Barami Hip Grips. Thats kind of cool it already has one.

I think you would be right, the Python is a big chunk of steel to carry hanging on a grip like that...

If the old suede holster hasn't started to fall apart yet, I would keep using it. The old suede clip holsters have positive and negative aspects.

They are very comfortable.
They are convenient.
They do a reasonable job of protecting the gun.

The down sides are:
They can "stick" in the holster for a slow draw.
The clip can let go and when you draw, you have to seperate the gun from the holster.
Virtually impossible to reholster without taking the holster out of your belt.

Holster technology has increased several fold since. As an example, look at a Milt Sparks Summer Special. Its an inside the pants holster, but, it hooks onto your belt with two loops. The mouth is reinforced so you can actually reholster it. Its smooth side in so the gun doesn't stick. depending on model, it has sight tracks so the front sight doesn't drag etc.

Revolver holsters are getting kind of hard to find these days. If you just want a simple holster for the Python or the High Power, I can make you one. Just PM me.

Page generated in 0.02729 seconds with 8 queries