View Single Post
Old March 17, 2014, 05:51 PM   #14
JT-AR-MG42

I'm with Willie and Skans.
Maybe Tom is right about some of the owners, I've just never met one.

All the folks (some with many more than me) I know with NFA guns, not counting dealers, bought them to enjoy. Period.

These are just toys (dangerous if mishandled, I know) and have NEVER been looked at as an investment by me.

I own a dozen, and could care less if the market tanks or skyrockets. And I am not wealthy by means.
We all have a different take on firearms values. To me it's always been what I paid for it, not what it MIGHT be worth IF you sell to someone else.
And I don't buy what I cannot afford to lose.
From your posts concerning spending limits, sounds like that is not an issue for you.

I would not compare expensive MGs to expensive cars though. Coupla rounds of cheap crap ammo, receiver blows, you are out the money spent.
Crash the Porsche, just a call away to your agent for a new one.

Kinda surprising that someone with investment income (and looking for a guaranteed return as you seem to be) would bother to get wrapped up in a heavily regulated item that could be banned tomorrow
when he could use that same money to buy in on a preferred stock deal (talk to your Senator for more info) instead.

To each his own.

JT

Page generated in 0.02485 seconds with 8 queries