View Single Post
Old January 6, 2006, 12:17 AM   #27
Az Qkr

"The names change but the song remains the same....remember fistfire"

Yes I do, thats not the same song you are listening to here though. That statement would lead me to believe you do lack the understanding necessary to hold an intelligent conversation on the subject of QK or threat focused methodologies and tend to lump them all together.

"But if you are standing in a weaver/iso stance with the weapon at eye level.....that is sighted fire in my book."

And if the weapon is at that level, you probably should be using the sights.

What about not having sights on the gun and the gun 4-8 inches below eye level and still making the hits? Still sighted fire to you?

"Where I generally see the true point shooting (hip shooting) advocates flounder is when they have to make a longer range shot under truly sub-optimum conditions. Mess with their stance and they can't get "in the zone"

My guess?, You don't know any true threat focused advocates nor have seen any use their skills.

Any "true point shooting", as you put it [ from the hip ] will only be used when it is appropriate to do so. Which leads me back to having a hard time believing you have seen true pointshooters anywhere if that is what you actually saw someone attempting to do from the hip.

My guess?, You don't know any true threat focused advocates nor have seen any use their skills.

"Floundering" is usually caused by a lack of understanding when and where certain techniques would be beneficial on the street in a defensive situaion involving a firearm, and using something at an inappropriate time when another technique is the correct solution.

"Provide them with a very obscured target ...same problem...generally"

Thats not the time to use hip shooting.

"Reality is that you may not be able to get to your sights and to be a truely well rounded shooter you need threat focus skills out past contact distances"

Good for you....but.......

That is not my reality"

It would seem, it's not your reality because your opinion is based on presumptions and not any real experience in threat focused methods out there.

No one is advocating not using the sights when appropriate. No one is advocating removing the sights. No one is advocating that sights are not a necessity at times and should not be used when possible.

Your statements seem to counter point comments not made or advocated by anyone here.

True threat focused shooters [ what you call point shooters ] know both how to use their sights effectively, how to use the tool in their hand without making use of sights to get hits, and when the situation dictates they do not have to, all based on time and distance requirements.

In your own words, "That is what training is for"

Robin Brown

Last edited by Az Qkr; January 6, 2006 at 02:15 AM.

Page generated in 0.02333 seconds with 8 queries