View Single Post
Old August 24, 2005, 11:56 AM   #20
biere

I own an older 686 and like it a lot but it is the older version before the lock and back when the firing pin was still on the hammer. It has a 4 inch barrel on it.

I also own a 3 inch gp100 with fixed sights and it came with the factory small grips.

I love the grips on the gp100, but it is also a simpler design than the smith.

If I could only have one I would be plenty happy with a 4 inch ruger with adjustable sights, I don't think you can get the fixed sights new anymore. I would install the smaller grips on it before even shooting it.

I don't mind the stock spring weights but depending on what you want to use the gun for you might want to play around and see how it feels, and with the ruger it is easy to do.

I don't know if I would want to mess with my smith all that much.

I don't know much about taurus so I did not consider a taurus when I was looking for 357 mag revolvers.

The 7 shot versions were still a bit new when I was buying my 6 shot versions and overall I am happy with 6 shots. I guess these days I would trust a 7 shot version, but back when they were new they were a bit more unproven and I am not about to be a test case.

When I considered a colt I checked out what it would take to repair it if something broke and since they are more complex they cost more to repair so I decided to go with the super simple ruger.

Page generated in 0.03498 seconds with 8 queries