View Single Post
Old April 21, 2013, 08:52 PM   #1
RamItOne

Some common TFL threads

Well this should cover a few talked about threads
Double barrel shotgun for SD
Novelty pistols that shoot 410 (judge and bond arms) for snakes
Shot placement
Does a gun shot sound loud when your adrenaline is pumping (SD scenario etc)

I recently found myself on the hunt for a snake that my dog had cornered the day before (4 foot cottonmouth). I was mowing back some vegetation near my lake when I stumbled upon a snake, ran in the house (30 yards) and grabbed the O/U in the kitchen, ran back, stood about 7 feet away and fired, direct hit several inches behind the head, still moving around, fired again and then went to get a rake to pick him up from the waters edge.

On to the topics
When I picked him up he was still moving, this was not the cottonmouth but a much smaller snake, now picture that an intruder, glad I don't use an O/U for SD.

As for those novelty pistols that shoot 410 or the shot from CCI for .22lr, I really would have no faith in that for protection against a much larger snake or any attacker.

Shot placement, there was some vegetation that I was shooting through, I didn't want to miss in front of its head so thats why I aimed slightly behind its head, this certainly wasn't a one shot stop.

The sound wasn't bad at all, really, did not even notice, just pulled the trigger, then pulled it again. I have fired a 9mm at an outdoor range w/ out hearing protection (one shot) that sound was very sharp and painful, I believe the adrenaline that I was feeling numbed me to the sound just as I would suspect it would if you were to fire several shots in a SD scenario

Wasn't really sure where this thread belonged.

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/pet...rtant/DJyvnHz0

Page generated in 0.03776 seconds with 8 queries